As we all know for now, The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is dedicated to advancing the development of science and technology in our country Philippines. This is the reasons why the Science and Technology (S&T) Scholarship Program is available for both undergraduate and graduate level scholarships, it is also offered to the students who meet the minimum grade requirement and those who passed the S&T Scholarship Examination. below are some of the details and information regarding the DOST scholarship plus the requirements in availing them.
- Once selected as a qualifier, you will be given a notice of award.
- You and your parent/legal guardian must report to DOST-SEI or at the nearest DOST regional office for the orientation on scholarship policies and signing of the scholarship agreement.
- You must bring the following:
- Parent’s/legal guardian’s community tax certificate for the current year; and
- Affidavit of guardianship (if awardee is under the care of a legal guardian).
**In case there is a need for verification of citizenship, you are required to submit your birth certificate. If evaluated favorably, you will finally be awarded a scholarship slot.
Merit Scholarship awardees are required to accomplish a household information questionnaire (HIQ). Result of the evaluation of this form will determine your scholarship category: full, partial or special.
KINDS OF UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program
- Formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship, began in 1958. Merit scholars pursue priority courses in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching at identified universities.
RA 7687 Science and Technology Scholarship Program
- Also known as the Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose family’s’ socio-economic status do not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
RA 10612 Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
- These are scholarship grants to qualified third year students who are enrolled in priority fields of study in engineering, basic and applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching at identified universities and colleges. There are two component scholarships namely:
- Project GIFTS for the Disadvantaged – RA 7687, and
- Junior Level Science Scholarships-Merit.
KINDS OF GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program (ASTHRDP)
- ASTHRDP-NSC is a university based MS/PhD program as well as a grant support for thesis/dissertation for research and development priority areas of DOST. The priority areas of study range from agriculture, biology, chemistry, space science, and microelectronics. Learn more about ASTHRDP-NSC
Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program-Science Education Consortium (ASTHRDP-SEC)
- This is a consortium among four (4) universities in Visayas and Mindanao which aims to establish common graduate programs in science and mathematics education (SME) and to accelerate the development of critical mass of SME in these areas. Learn more about ASTHRDP-Science Education Consortium.
Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program-Science Education (ASTHRDP-SE)
- The program aims to develop researches and other personnel involved in science and mathematics education and increase the number of faculty in the Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs).
Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) Consortium
- The ERDT Consortium is for those looking to take a BS/MS degree in engineering or any related field, with priority for various disciplines such as computer science, agricultural engineering, agricultural engineering. Learn more about ERDT Consortium.